Monday, March 3, 2008

This Blog Has a New Owner

It's really sad that for some reason, the previous owner of this blog abandoned the blog, all the content, and all the people coming from digg.

Yes, that's right, I am not the person who knows how to install mythtv on an xbox, and I am not the person who originally started this blog. What I do know, being a web developer myself, is that I hate broken links, and I hate information being lost because of said broken links.

I came across this abandoned blog (from digg) and lo and behold, there is no blog anymore. It was pretty funny that because the blog was no longer registered to anyone, blogspot had a big button that said, "register this username". I of course jumped at the opportunity to revive the blog, knowing that people are still going to trickle in from digg, so here it is. I will try my best to inform others about mythtv on xboxes, or at least direct people to the information about how to accomplish the task.

I considered myself qualified to take over this blog because of a few reasons. I am not just some average Joe who thought it would be cool to check out a digg link about xboxes... I have actually been very interested in creating a xbox mythbox for several months now, and I have been preparing to attempt this project myself. As of March 03, 2008, I have acquired and prepared the following items:
  • 1 broken xbox controller for xbox-to-keyboard cable
  • 1 old usb hub for xbox-to-keyboard cable
  • 1 MechAssault xbox game (Part No. X08-82264 being the necessary game version)
I still have no xbox. eBay and craigslist are going to be my helpers in obtaining one. I have decided that I will be blogging about my experience setting up an xbox mythbox. More to follow.

No comments: